The health and well-being of your pet is very important to us. Summer is here and as the weather heats up, we would like to share the following guidelines to keep your pets safe while using our curbside services.
- When you arrive in our parking lot, please leave your air conditioning on to ensure that your pet does not overheat.
- Consider bringing a bottle of water and a drinking bowl for your pet to keep them hydrated.
- Please do not bring along household pets that are not being seen at this time, leave them safe and cool at home.
- If your car does not have air conditioning, please call us at 860-583-9271 and let us know. We will come out immediately to bring your pet into our hospital and keep them cool until their appointment.
- Consider keeping your car cool while you wait as your pets will be returned to your car after their appointment.
We are all aware of the dangers for our beloved pets in hot cars. Even a few moments can leave your pet suffering. Here is a great way to remember how quickly your car can heat up on a hot day.
Stay cool and we will see you soon!
- Emily Elliot, VMD and the Chippens Hill Veterinary Hospital Team